Tuesday, November 24, 2009

mondays on tuesdays - faith

well, it is not my intention to only post once a week and have every entry called "mondays on tuesdays", but that seems to be what happened here. oh well.

my monday this week was again different than most mondays will be. i had to work. most weeks i will have mondays off, but this week i have thursday and friday off for thanksgiving, so i worked yesterday. my monDAY was nothing to blog about. i did try to leave for lunch and my car started smoking and smelling of burnt rubber. i broke a belt. whatev. i've only had this car FOR 2 MONTHS! but i don't feel like blogging about that. i would like to think about that as little as possible!

so, monday night. i have an aunt and uncle that live here in town and 2 cousins that grew up here but have now moved to new york and colorado. tricia (the one in NY) and lizzie (the one in CO) were in town and we had a wonderful last minute thanksgiving dinner last night because lizzie left to go back to CO this morning, only to jump a plane to uganda next week. she works for YWAM (youth with a mission) and is always off to wonderful places to spread the good news of Jesus. for her to jump on a plane and head out is nothing unusual for our family to hear.
lizzie is leading that life i dreamt about living but never felt "called" to. she was called. and she goes to crazy places at crazy times. but as we were remembering last night, lizzie has the amazing talent to be very close to disaster, but far enough away to stay safe.

Examples:

1- going to azerbaijan right after 9/11.

2- being in thailand when that disastrous tsunami hit in 2004.

3- being in taiwan when that crazy typhoon hit earlier this year.

4- living in colorado and working for YWAM when a shooter killed 2 people on another YWAM base is CO only about 10 miles from her base.

like i said- she's close, but always safe. so, i worry about her, but i have faith that god sends her to these places and he will keep her safe while she is there.

it makes me wonder how people live without faith. so many things that i put my faith in have the basis of god to keep them strong. my marriage. i have "faith" in my marriage, but my marriage is based in god so i first had faith that god would provide me with shaun and we would devote ourselves to each other forever. i have "faith" that the sun will rise each morning. i know the earth and sun are god's creation and i have faith that he will continue to provide sunshine. i need this faith to help me through the day. i need faith to help me through my nights.

i need little reminders that encourage me to keep my faith strong. I know that times will come and uncertainty will strike, but my faith will get me through. my faith is going to be all i have somedays. and although my faith isn't being tested right now, i need to remember how important it is so that in times of trouble i know it's there.

Faith: you know you're gonna live through the rain

Lord you got to keep the faith

Faith: don't you let your love turn to hate

Right now we've got to

Keep the faith

Keep the faith

Keep the faith

Lord we got to keep the faith

~Bon Jovi









No comments:

Post a Comment