Friday, March 26, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
i finally have this project finished. it's really not hard, i promise. you just have to wait for things to dry and when you have a baby, things always seem to take a little bit longer.
so, here's what you need:
- 12 x 12 wooden scrapbook frame
- letter of your choice
- scrapbook paper of choice
- blue painters tape
- sponge paint brush
- craft paint
- little paint brush
- glue (i used gorilla glue b/c we had it)
i first painted the entire frame white. about 3 coats.
once that dried, i taped off the frame leaving a little stripe around the edge.
then i painted the stripe pink. about 3 coats as well.
before it was completely dry, i pealed off the tape. i saw somewhere that when you are trying to get clean lines on a project like this, you should peal the tape before the tape dries. it gives you cleaner lines.
while i was waiting for the frames to dry, i painted the polka dots on my letters. instead of using the brush side of the paint brush, i used the handle. it gave me a more "dot" look and the dots were a consistent size.
once all the paint is dry, put your scrapbook paper in the frame and be sure to keep and use the cardboard that comes with the frame. its helps in the sturdiness when you add your letter.
line up you letter in the middle and glue. i let them sit and dry over night.
once dry, hang and enjoy!
i think caro likes it. what do you think?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
a random quick note that i want to throw out there - i've lost 7lbs so far since i started weight watchers 3 weeks ago! i'm pretty pumped and got my first comment today about my pants looking too baggy! i know that sounds stupid, but results and encouragement go a loooong way with me.
i hope everyone is staying healthy!
Friday, March 12, 2010
here are some of my goals by tuesday:
1. clean, clean, clean. our house is filthy... tomorrow i plan to dust, sweep, fold, scrub and vacuum everything in sight!
2. buy baskets and organize/re-organize C's toys. michael's is having a 40% off sale for baskets. we have built in book shelves in our living room and the bottom shelves need baskets of toys instead of books and candles. i'm going to have a crawler soon...
3. finish C's initial project for her room. i plan on blogging about this once it's complete. it's cute and easy. i just don't have a lot of time on my hands these days, and i haven't found the right background. (you'll understand soon)
4. watch UK play with friends and family. friends tomorrow afternoon and hopefully family on sunday.
5. go to church. we have only been a couple of times since C was born. we were able to keep her with us in the beginning b/c she just slept all the time. once she was awake more and too loud to stay in the service, it was prime flu/sick baby season. i was too afraid to put her in child care. but this week is the week. she is a healthy 6 month old that has had all her shots. we are going to church!
well, there you have it.
hope you have a fun and productive weekend!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
2- have you ever heard of a kuerig coffee maker? it's pretty cool. it makes individual cups of coffee from these little k-cups. you can have a variety of coffee on hand and not waste any by brewing too much. well, when we went to western kentucky a couple of weeks ago our friend brad had one. he was kind of crazy about it. it was new and he was excited. well, he got shaun excited about it. shaun has literally talked about getting one EVERY day since we have been home. it's been 9 days! shaun, if you are reading this i hope you have bought your dang kuerig by now! you've been driving me nuts!! <3
3- speaking of western kentucky, i guess i never mentioned anything about our trip. it was amazing! we had some great hang-out time. remember how nice a pretty and warm it was in lexington that sunday? well, it was like that on saturday there! we were able to sit on the porch in the sun. and that night we built a fire and stayed up and talked and laughed after all the kids were in bed. it was so great! just a preview of our trip this july!!
shaun and the kids. shaun thought this would be a awesome picture idea. ok - it's cute!
the band of babies! this was a fun picture to take. surprisingly both babies are looking forward and both kids are smiling! great group effort adults!
4- this past weekend shaun's dad came to visit. he helped shaun do some work in our 1/2 bathroom. i look forward to hopefully sharing pictures soon. it turned into a longer process than they originally thought with patching unexpected holes and missing random pieces. but shaun thinks he can get it finished tonight. i did make his stop and enjoy his birthday on sunday night. some good hangout time with the family and shauny got a new corn-hole set!
5- and finally - last night's bachelor. sick. i knew he was going to pick her (reality steve) but it was still a disappointment. i've said before that i've never watched a season before. well, i don't know if i'll watch one again. i was pretty disappointed. whatev. i'll never get those brain cells back!
this weekend we have plans to go to a baby shower for our good friends paul and steph and the baby boy they adopted about a month ago. i am super pumped for this party! shaun and paul have been best friends since the 4th grade and it is so amazing to see them both as dad's. i'm so looking forward to all the wonderful memories we will have together and i'm so glad that God gave this amazing couple this amazing little boy. i may not blog until next week (because obviously this blog was pretty boring and i can't anticipate it getting any better), so hopefully i'll post some pictures of all the sweet babies we will see this weekend.
the frields. what a great family!